Thursday, September 20, 2012

Learn to Program

My wife, 2 kids and I just moved into our new place in Warrenton, Virginia. We had been hoping to ge into Flatiron School in Manhattan and were waiting to move till the last second, so things  have ben a little hectic getting a new place in 6 days.

Now time to seriously buckle down and learn. I decided to go through "Learn to Program" by Chris Pine. I've done other tutorials that are harder, but I've always heard it was good, and when I was interviewing for the Flatiron School in August Avi Flombaum the teacher had recommended going through it, so here I am.

I stayed up till 11:30pm got through 2 chapters, which have been very easy to do and understand so I'm happy about that. I'm going to be study in the A.M. at Starbucks before work so hopefully I can stay awake better, I am a Farrier (horse shoer) by day and a beginner Rubyist by night  Till next post.