Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Cucumber & TDD

I've finished watching all the edX Berkeley SaaS course lecture videos, about 3 hours of content. Spent Monday working on a Cucumber tutorial that involved using Sinatra. I decided to do it, so I could learn more about Sinatra. Well I had several errors and a couple mistakes in the tutorial code, but I finished the Sinatra basics tutorial without to much yelling at my computer :)

I've been working on the Nettus Tutorial on Rspec and Cucumber and have gotten stuck on the 'config.ru' file, it looks right but it's not working.

I feel like TDD is the way to go, I just don't really get it totally yet. Yes I understand write the test first, have it fail, then write the code to pass the test.  I'm currently lacking the "know how" at the moment :) Anyhow I figured I'd do the simple tutorial on Cucumber before attacking the harder homework assignments on BDD and TDD.

I'm going to try and finish the Cucumber tutorial, then on to the rest of the homework for the rest of the week. I've did finished the Quiz for this week.

 I studied 3.5 hours on Monday, 5 hours today, so it's a good week so far. Loving the learning journey- Josh