Friday, April 26, 2013

Learning Ruby on Rails Day: 185

I told you earlier this week that I'm putting making my friend's landscaping site on hold for a little while so I can brush up on my Css, Sass, and JavaScript. Just finished watching a Sass/Less tutorial last night, which was really good. To practice I'm going to tweak a website that I cloned off of Github, so no matter how much I mess it up, it won't matter.

Yesterday I was going through my Github repos and realized I really need to clean up my account, I have so many repos that just have a handful of commits. Same with Heroku, I have maxed out my 50 apps and about 95% of them are crap that needs deleting. Going to clean up both of those accounts some more this week.

I'm going through JavaScript fundamentals by Simon Allardice on Lynda.com and really learning a lot and enjoying it. JavaScript isn't as scary as I thought :)

Studied 5 hours 20 minutes yesterday, you know it's time for bed when your eyes are super dry and you start nodding off while trying to watch tutorial videos.
I feel comfortable with Github basics, however I was just shown the "Git Immersion" tutorial by Jim Wierich  it is SOOO good and easy to follow along for beginners and intermediates a like. I've been going through it some this week, I think I'm on lab 11. 

Alright peeps, time to get studying, going to be pair programming with my brother +Cody Kemp  today, hoping to get in 4-5 hours :-). - Josh