Monday, July 15, 2013

End of Week 38 = 803.5 hours learning/studying RoR!

You know what is harder than coding? Interviewing :-)    No seriously, it's SO intimidating to be asked questions by super smart people with OOggles of knowledge, that I don't have. honestly though I've gotten to learn a lot about programming, just by talking to other developers while interviewing, so it's good.

I apologize for not blogging for a few days, I've just been swamped shoeing horses this time of year. Things are going very well, and I'm learning as always!

I can not believe how many people have signed up for this months NovaRug Meetup: Josh's Amazing Talk :-)  82 peeps are coming to hear my 2 cents on making a basic Rails app, can't believe it. Wish me luck!

I can't lie, I am a tad nervous :-) About speaking in front of a lot of people, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. I am totally excited to have the chance to help some other people new to RoR. My wife Elisha is coming for support, so it's a win-win for me!

I've been having a hard time meeting my hourly goals, just due to the fact of getting back to recruiters, interviewing, phone screens, and working full time. I can't wait till I'm hired and I can once again totally focus on learning to code better versus learning to write a resume better :-)

Anyway, that's all I've got for now, enjoying the journey and can't wait to land my first coding job (hopefully very soon) :-)   -Josh