Tuesday, July 2, 2013

www.burritotocode.com

Wow several things!  I have a couple cool things in the works that I am not 100% assured of yet, but if and when I am, I'll certainly let you know about them, just letting you know there is always something going on :-)

Met with +David Bock and +Carl Fyffe for another "Stealth Meeting" of strategic talk about our super cool soon to be world changing, money making product, at an undisclosed location in 460 Elden St  Herndon, VA 20170. Great as always, I love getting 2 senior developers together. One moment we are talking about UI design the next, the reasons we are using dijkstra's algorithm for our mapping. I was like: "What? who's Dijkstra?" Good times!

Met an incredible RoR developer who has taken me under his wing and is putting a serious smack down of knowledge on me! +Richard Lewis from Wales certainly knows his crap, if you need a side project that is the man for the job (ha ha, I haven't even asked him if he'd take any side projects) but seriously I have learned SO much from Rich in the last week it's made my head spin, more on that later.

I counted 6 new emails yesterday asking for my help/opinion on learning RoR and I got to thinking. I should have an free online RoR study/matching web app. Maybe if someone contacts me and wants some help or wants to skype, I could have a secret "members only" site/list where people could go and meet other people trying to learn RoR. I don't know, but there are a lot of new developers who want to learn with other developers.

Wow again, I was totally blown away with the amount of people who signed up for the beginner  Newbie To Ruby class at Burrito To Code. +Guille Carlos and I were hoping for maybe 15 people responding and signing up for the class. We WAY over shot that goal on day one!!! I'm always shocked how many people are eager to learn RoR and coding in general, I'm so glad I can help in a small way :-)

I'm honestly not sure at this point how we are going to decide who gets in the first class, but keep signing up, maybe we'll do 2 classes instead of 1. Not sure yet, but I'll let you know as I know. Still don't have a concrete date yet for the first class, but it will definitely be in July, probably starting in the next 2 weeks.

I've interviewed many places since launching my "resume site" 1 month ago, and have liked some places and not liked other places I've interviewed at. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I talked to a guy that works at a REALLY cool place, and it would be SO cool if I ended up getting hired there!


 Next post, I'm going to give an overview of all the projects and stuff I am currently working on, in case anyone wants to know :-) -Josh