Saturday, January 26, 2013

Berkeley edX SaaS 169.1x done Homework1 & Quiz 1

Studied 5.75 hours today and finished all the Berkeley edX homework and assignments, it's quite tough. I'm so glad to have someone to pair program with and bounce ideas off of. My brother Cody came over and we studied together, now we're trying to add a function to keep track of the score on the Gosu Gem game, so far no luck, but I'll keep you posted :)

Sometimes I just sit and stare at my Mac hoping it will say: "Hey Josh, this is how to fix the problem." Unfortunately that never happens and I must leave my staring trance and keep thinking and Googling for a solution. Then there are times where I'm like: "I know what this is...I've seen something like this before, I can do this..." I love coding, it keeps you on your toes mentally.I'm at 19.75 hours of study for the week so far so that's good and I still have 2 days left to kick butt.

I've been contacted by several people through this blog now to work with them on side projects or study with, and I'm happy to say I'm going to be started on a small Github project with my brother Cody and another Developer "Dan". Wish us luck, we'll need it, between the edX SaaS course and trying to work through tutorials and books, sometimes it feels like the days are too short. That's also the fun, never bored!

Anyhow I'll keep you up to date on how things are going on the learning journey, and how many awful commits I make to Github :) Happy coding! - Josh

P.S. Did my first Github: Fork, Pull request, and approval yesterday, it actually was fairly easy, sometimes I get intimidated by the "Git Monster" but it was pretty straightforward.