Monday, January 28, 2013

Devise Gem

270.75 hours for 14 weeks of studying.  My plan is to do Berkeley 169.1x SaaS coursework and homework for 5-6 days of the week and then pair program with my brother Cody on a project with another developer Dan Voell. I worked on the project today, had some difficulty using Devise but thanks to Ryan Bates and Railscasts worked through it, I really like RailsCasts they are so informative and well done.

Just on a side note, I really like the error messages I get with Rails. I know that's random but I feel like most of them have the answer to the issue written right in them staring you in the face. Knowing that gives me confidence to not despair when I get an error. My advice to anyone else learning Rails is don't get discouraged and Google the error messages.

I'll let you know how the project turns out, I enjoyed working with a new Gem, and understanding how Rails works just a little bit better. - Josh