Sunday, March 3, 2013

Berkeley 169.2x Quiz 1

Finished Quiz 1 of Berkeley edX 169.2x  got 1 question wrong, not too bad. I'm caught up on everything right now so I'm just gonna work on writing Ruby code. I feel like I haven't actually written hardly any Ruby code in the last month because I've been using Rails, Testing, Cucumber and stuff like that.

I feel like I'm becoming a better "developer" but a lousy "coder" meaning I don't know a language well at all yet. I want to really be a good coder, not just be an assembler of Ruby Gems, not that there is anything wrong with that. I just want to really know Ruby and how to make things, not just copy and paste other people's code.

Pair programming for 3.5 hours today with Cody, going to make some small Ruby programs, I'll put them on Github today or tomorrow so you can see.

Last Tuesday I went to Arlington's Ruby Meetup, had a great time learned a lot of stuff. Great lightning talk by @ChristopherSigg on design principles really enjoyed it.