For the next 2 weeks I'll be featuring my Launch Website: joshuakemp-website.herokuapp.com
Check it out!!
What a week, learned a lot. Studied 25 hours this past week, accomplished quite a bit. I'm starting my next project, I'm making a Ruby search engine, I'm not saying it's going to beat Google, but a search engine just the same. The reason for this is I need to know Ruby better and I feel like this will put a little pressure on me.
My deadline to have it done is 3 weeks from my website launch date May 23rd, so at the latest, it must be done by June 13th, I'm hoping to have it done sooner, but I'm not sure how complicated it's going to be.
There are 3 basic things I need to do: (1) Extract links, (2) Crawl the web, and (3) Rank the search results. Then just put those steps together into a homemade search engine. Easy right? We'll see :-)
I think I'm going to make it into a RoR project, so I can have a slick interface to use, maybe even a log in, just so it's "exclusive". I was thinking that maybe I could make it into a Gem but I don't know who would want to use it, or how it would benefit a project. I want to make my own Gem down the road, I think it would be cool. Heck, everything in RoR is cool :-) -Josh
Monday, May 27, 2013
End of Week 31 = 665.75 hours learning RoR!!!
UPDATE September 2016: We are now inundated with bootcamps and it's getting harder to land a junior developer position. I created a co...
Yes, obviously Free Code Camp is popular. It's supposed to make things easier for you to learn how to code. My problem is the length of...
I have always promised honesty and transparency with this blog. Last time I gave a review about Free Code Camp, I wasn't super supporti...
You need a Regular Expression to validate a phone number or a user's email address, so what do you do? Go onto StackOverflow and copy so...
What up peeps ! I feel like every day gets better and better, I just gotta' say life is good, No brag, just fact :-) I thought I woul...
- ► 2016 (16)
- ► 2015 (41)
- ► 2014 (24)
- Learning Ruby on Rails Day: 220! Lots of things a...
- Learning Ruby on Rails Day: 217 "Custom Cartoon" ...
- End of Week 31 = 665.75 hours learning RoR!!!
- Day 213 = WoW!
- 7 Month 212 Day Learning Ruby on Rails Journey = 6...
- Learning Ruby On Rails: 2 Days Left!!
- End of Week 30 = 640.75 hours of learning Ruby on ...
- Day: 209...only 4 days left!!
- 5 Days Left...Can you feel the pressure :-)
- Start count down : 6 Days left till Deadline!
- Learning Ruby on Rails: 9 Days left!!
- End of Week 29 = 10 Days Left....600+ hours and co...
- 615 hours studied and my site is up now!
- Learning Ruby on Rails Day: 195 = The Devil is in ...
- Learning Ruby on Rails Day 193: Talking to Flickr...
- Learning Ruby on Rails Day: 192 = 575.75 hours!
- ▼ May (16)