Sunday, December 30, 2012

BAD WEEK, but good....

I mentioned on my Twitter account that I wasn't going to study Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. My wife wanted me to stop being a closet nerd and to be social and stuff when we went to relatives houses for the holidays. I agree with my wife all I do not stop is talk about programming and programming books.

I thoroughly enjoyed the holidays, One unexpected thing happened. My older brother from L.A. flew in on Christmas Eve and surprised us on Christmas Day. The man flew all the way across the U.S. to spend Christmas with us, the least I could do was have him over to watch movies and stay up till 4a.m talk and solve all of the world's problems in 5 easy steps:)

I am not making excuses, I am merely explaining my learning journey with you. I didn't get alot of studying in this week only: 9.75 hours (lowest ever). However I did make good progress in Zed Shaw's book: "Learn Ruby The Hard Way" I am now on Lesson 32 out of 55. My goal was to have the book completed by the time the Berkeley x course starts, so I should be able to do that no problem.

Hope everyone had a good holiday and that you've set some goals for the new year!

I'll blog in a year or so...get it:)-Josh

P.s. I apologize for the embarrassing corny joke, it's just that you can only say them once a year:)