Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Making an App with Rhodes

I know I said I was going to wait to January 1st 2013 to make something, but I can't wait! I am starting the process of making my very own app for 5 platforms. The process for making the app starts with installing: Rhodes, RhoStudio, RhoSync, Java SDK, Android SDK, plus others. Well everything is going fine and dandy till I get an error when trying to run my app using 'rake run:android' then I get "waiting , error , I've tried to fix the error unsuccessfully the past 2 days. I'm gonna' see if someone at the Open Space Hacker group in South Arlington can help me fix the error.

Installation of stuff is usually the hardest. Good news is: The RhoStudion Simulator works perfect with my app, so that's pretty awesome. I'll keep you up to date with how the app building goes.

By the way: End of last week I studied a total of 23.75 hours, so a good week:) Yesterday I studied 4 hours.


Here's the error I keep getting when I run: 'rake run:android' just in case someone has any ideas:)




THIS TOOL IS DEPRECATED. See --help for more information.

Align Debug APK file
rm -rf /Users/joshuakemp/my_app/bin/target/android/my_app-tmp.apk
- waiting for device -
rake aborted!
Unable to create AVD image. No appropriate target API for SDK version: 2.1
/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p125/gems/rhodes-3.5.1.12/platform/android/build/android_tools.rb:231:in `run_emulator'
/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p125/gems/rhodes-3.5.1.12/platform/android/build/android.rake:1971:in `block (3 levels) in <top (required)>'
/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p125/bin/ruby_noexec_wrapper:14:in `eval'
/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p125/bin/ruby_noexec_wrapper:14:in `<main>'


Tomorrow-Josh