Thursday, November 15, 2012

I'm a moron...this was so easy!

So I've spent the last 2.5 days working on this heroku R12 timeout error, reading tutorials on Heroku and errors, and such. So today I realize while working the Michael Hartl Tutorial that he explicitly says: the first app will have an error don't worry about it, we ll fix it later.

and I'm like how did i miss that! The only really  good thing is I feel better reading the heroku logs:)

Wow I am so embarrassed. Anyway, didn't kill me so I'm plodding along, I finished the 1st and 2nd app on the Michael Hartl Rails Tutorial, now I'm on the 3rd which is 3/4 of the book. I've already done the tutorial back in late August but it was mainly copying and pasting, this time I'm writing it all by hand and I will say I'm already picking up a lot of stuff I missed the first time around.

It's 9:50p.m. I've done just over 3 hrs. I'm starting to feel tired, but I want to keep studying, I love when all of a sudden a new idea or concept makes sense...kind of addicting. - I love Programming-Josh