Sunday, November 25, 2012

Why I'm attending Mattan Griffel's "Teach Yourself to Code: One Month Rails.

Tomorrow starts the beginning of an awesome new class on Skillshare by Mattan Griffel, partner at GrowHack. The class promises to teach you to be able make your own web apps after 1 month.

If you have any interest in making your own Web applications, or maybe becoming a RoR developer, then I think it's positively criminal not to sign up for the class, I mean HELLO, it's only $20 for the entire class. $20 to invest in your future in understanding Web apps, learning the Rails Framework more for $20. What on earth can you buy for $20 dollars these days? dinner?, maybe, not much. I think it's a ridiculously small price to pay to learn  a skill that can change your life.

As you all know I want to be a RoR web developer  by my next birthday April 7th, 2013. I view this class as a very small tuition, but a big step towards my goal of being a RoR developer.  For me it was a no brainer, after reading Mattan's Bio and seeing that he won a 300 person Hackathon on his own after just a short time of learning RoR.  I thought to myself  have to learn from this guy and figure out how he thinks, pick his brain of sorts.

 My younger brother Cody signed up for the class as well, so we will be learning together. This is a great opportunity to learn and invest in your future, look at the class, here's the link : http://www.skillshare.com/Teach-Yourself-to-Code-One-Month-Rails/1289605848/826005199

This is the last day to join the class, seriously think about it. As always I will be blogging daily keeping you up to date with how the class is going and the rest of my learning journey to become a RoR developer .-Josh Kemp
http://this is the last day to join. I'll be keeping you up to date on how the class goes as well as the rest of my RoR learning journey.-Josh Kemp